Monday, May 21, 2012

Heroes

Most of my life I've had the attitude that having heroes was a bad thing. There was a kind of suicide there, buried in the reveration of another. The subordination seemed to be equivalent to a denigration to me.
All the while I had my heroes, of course.
I tried to avoid having only one, or having too many.
I criticized these 'heroes' when I saw fit, thus absolving myself of the sin of 'having heroes'.
I do have my heroes, however.
Here are some of them:

Claudie
Emma
Charles Darwin
Charles Bukowski
Che Guevara
Charlie Parker
Blind Blake
Louie CK
Lenny Bruce
Knut Hamsun
Fyodor Dostoyevski
Michael Lynch
Louis Ferdinand-Celine
Missippippi John Hurt
Miles Davis
Thelonius Monk
Barry Bonds
...
there are others, of course.
Perhaps I'll add to this list; accrete additional heroes onto my armor...who knows?
Perhaps I'll add to the list in days to come...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I know you're out there.

That's what I used to say till all these assholes who are trying to scam me popped up. Die motherfuckers, die.