Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Fool

The Fool

The definition of a fool
is
one who continues to make the same mistakes

over
and
over
and
over
again.

I am such a person.
It causes me great consternation,
but I plow on
convinced somehow
that it’s all unrecognized
genius.

I’d commit suicide if I wasn’t so
curious about what crap
is going to
crop up
next.

But America is trying to kill me
so I don’t need to commit suicide.

That job has already been assigned
and the hit is being carried out
as we speak
here
tonight.

I keep hoping for an opening
though I can see
as clear as a June morning
on a Sierra lake
that there is no door
no window
no gate
into
the open.

There is a world that lives
in my mind
that will always be
an apparition
hovering in the distance.

I flail against the wall
like a drowning person
beating my fists
till they bleed
until finally I am spent
husked out of my shell
and cast against the stones.

There,
I’ve gone and done it
again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I know you're out there.

That's what I used to say till all these assholes who are trying to scam me popped up. Die motherfuckers, die.