Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Blog People

“So I finally figured it out.” she said to me.
            “Figured what out?”
            “What all this shit is about…” she waved her left hand around in the air, dropping ash on the hardwood floor.
            “All this shit…” I waved my right hand about in a feeble way.
            “This stuff about the Blog People.”
            “Ah yes, the Blog People.”
            “They get their ‘friends’ to hit them up, and praise them, and start a snowball rolling. One ass licks the next, and pretty soon they’re all on the road to Blog Heaven.”
            “Blooog Heaven...so you say. What does that do for them?”
            “So I say. But I had a point…” She hesitated, and stared at the floor as if it would provide an answer. Then she rose up and brightly said, “but with all the people they’ve managed to recruit to their cause by endless networking, one looks at their content and sees very little…or at least not all that much…nowhere near as much as the impression they exude from their endless enthusiasm.”
            She fell back on the couch, exhausted.
            One looks?…”
            “You know what I meant…”
            “Yes, but you didn’t answer my question.”
            “I don’t know what it does for them. It makes them feel better about themselves. I can’t answer for their delusions.”
            Life doesn’t have to be this hard, really.
            But for some of us it is, and I can only say that I knew exactly what she was talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I know you're out there.

That's what I used to say till all these assholes who are trying to scam me popped up. Die motherfuckers, die.