Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hand Piano

Short excerpt from a novel in progress:

It was about this time that I invented the hand piano.
            Hell, I know I didn’t invent it. It was the oldest musical instrument of all time. There’re five fingers. That’s five notes. A pentatonic scale. The bones are like bones. They’re both the black and the white keys. You can play the blues on your hand. The hand is a percussive instrument, but it's also a melodic instrument.
            One can refine this even further
            There are three accessible joints on each finger, each with a different note. A single finger can register three distinct pitches. This means that, superimposed upon the basic pentatonic scale, we have a harmonic series. There are a large number of melodic and rhythmic possibilities buried in the hand.
            Bless the hand piano.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, I know you're out there.

That's what I used to say till all these assholes who are trying to scam me popped up. Die motherfuckers, die.